Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places."

This quote has been circulating around facebook and twitter recently. What's interesting is that if we look at it closely, it really speaks to an idea that in some ways flies in the face of conventional wisdom. Because we speak to our young people a lot about making good and right choices, not wrong ones.


And this is important, of course. It's our job to uplift our youth and show them that when they make positive and proactive choices in their lives now, they are more likely to reap the benefits of these choices later.


But at the same time, we also need to teach our young people that even when we make the wrong choices we can learn from them, land on our feet, and keep going. And sometimes, decisions that we think are "wrong" at the time lead us to some unexpected and wonderful places.

2 comments:

  1. I moved to Ga as a back slider following a married man who fathered one of my children, wrong decision! Since the move I have joined a ministry that believes in the power of God, learned that God has a plan for my life and it's a great one! I often say I came to Ga following the wrong man and found the right one, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the author of this quote. I am a poet and artist and paint this saying I came up with in 2006. I am glad folks like it and am honored it means so much to so many. Thank you

    ReplyDelete